A chancer with a fondness for small wooden things and decent threads sets out to make his fortune in the world of antique dealing.


Tuesday 10 January 2012

Beaded Accessories



Tonight is beads night. If it's got beads on it, I'm into it. If not, come back tomorrow, I've got beads to look at.

These two have just gone up for auction, to keep each other company in their beaded adventure. The handbag is LK Bennett (good label, I was informed by my shadowy guru) covered in big beads and small ones, so something for everyone. The little job is a dangerously hip lipstick case. It's for putting your lipstick in when you're ashamed of how unhip your lipstick is. I'm pretty sure they were all over these in the '20s, so that gives you some idea of how vogue it is.

Both are in pretty spanky condition and ready to go. Anyone with any sense will buy both because, and here's the thing, you could put the one inside the other. Other remarkable features of this hot tag-team are the little rectangular mirror inside the lid of the lipstick case, and the surprisingly pleasing weight of the handbag. I've been swinging it around quite a bit since I discovered its pleasing weight, so I can vouch for it.

The handbag should sell for a modest profit, because I got it for not much. LK Bennet stuff goes for good cash, but it depends on whether anyone's loving beads as much as I am. They should be. Also, I bought the lipstick case under my mum's frowning gaze. It was an act of rebellion! Therefore it should be rewarded with dollars if there's a shred of justice. Come on.

Handbag
Bought for: £5
Hopes: High
Profit: £££
Actual Cheddar: ££

Lipstick Case
Bought for: £3 down from £5
Hopes: Sticky
Profit: £
Actual Cheddar: £

No comments:

Post a Comment