A chancer with a fondness for small wooden things and decent threads sets out to make his fortune in the world of antique dealing.


Saturday 7 January 2012

Clifton Wool Cardigan


I don't recognise the brand Clifton, but the label is one of those slightly shrunken, slightly manky ones that you get on really good items in a vintage shop. That gives it cred in my book. It's just the right side of chunky to have a wide-ish appeal.

The buttons are plastic but nice enough, with a mock leather-knot look. It's also got two small pockets and tight, clean cuffs. No marks or dodgy bits, so overall it's in good nick. As with a lot of the first batch of stuff that I've come up with, it's not going to set the world alight but there's nowt wrong with it and it should wash its face (I'm getting the hang of this shit).

The one thing that made me go for this was that I thought 'yeah, I'd wear it'. That seemed like a good point in its favour at the time, but on reflection I'm not sure whether or not I should be using that quality as a benchmark. Time will tell, right? I've worn some really bad clothes.

Bought for: £4
Hopes: Low
Profit: £
Actual Cheddar: ££

No comments:

Post a Comment